Tuesday 26 August 2014

Welcome !

Hello all you tinkerers and enthousiasts!

I will try to share my experiences with 3D printers assembly as well as calibration, maintenance, programming and usage.

Other related electronic or robotic experiments with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Mindstorms will also be shared.
So where am I standing? Somewhere at the end of 2011 I acquired the Makerbot Thing-o-Matic DIY kit and I started a video series in dutch. (You can have a look here or on my Youtube channel "Snuckyfication")

Some major day-to-day events made me stop after the x and y stage where completed. Now I restarted the assembly and the extruder, PSU and case are ready. I will post some pictures in a next post.

You can imagine that the (r)evolution of 3D printing didn't stop because I was lacking the time to continue...So on top of continuing my, by now, dinosaur ToM kit (not sold anymore), I ordered a new Ultimaker rev4 kit (pictures in a separate post).
This machine is said to be more accurate, faster and more reliable + it has a bigger buildplatform 8"x8"x8" or 210mm x 210mm x 210mm.

The wooden case of the Ultimaker has received a custom color allready, so I am ready to start the build in paralell with the ToM kit.

More to follow!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to react !!